About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Thursday, August 29, 2013

NFL reaches settlement with Former Players in Concussion Litigation

The battle that has been going on between former players and the National Football League has reached its conclusion -- once the judge's approval is received. The two sides reached a 765 million dollar settlement today, as reported by NFL.com, which will fund medical exams, concussion-related compensation, and medical research. Considering the league's worth, I'm sure there are many people out there who would consider this to be a bargain for the NFL. I sure hope the ex-players got as much as they could, because this was an important lawsuit. Guys who played for years and years and suffered countless concussions weren't receiving any help in their life after football. That's changed, now. And, hopefully, we won't see any more tragedies like that of the late Junior Seau, Ray Eastering, and Dave Duerson. I think this settlement is a step in the right direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment