About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Monday, August 19, 2013

Von Miller suspended?

We've heard about the potential suspension to Broncos stud linebacker Von Miller and according to ESPN's Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen, it appears likely that Miller will miss at least the first six games of 2013. This is a huge blow to the Broncos defense. Miller enters his third season as the best 4-3 outside linebacker in the league, in my opinion. Over his first two seasons he's recorded 30 sacks, 106 tackles, forced nine fumbles, and intercepted one pass which he returned for a touchdown. He's the key to Denver's front seven and an irreplaceable talent. Replacing Miller isn't a one man job, the defense as a whole will need to step up their game. Expect some struggles for Denver's defense in the early goings of the regular season.

UPDATE: It's been confirmed, Miller will miss the first 6 games of the regular season. And, if he violates the league's drug policy again, would face a one year suspension.

No comments:

Post a Comment