About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Friday, September 6, 2013

Peyton Manning lights up Ravens defense

In the 2013 season opener, one has to imagine that Denver Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning had a little extra motivation to beat the defending Super Bowl champion Baltimore Ravens after the embarrassing defeat they suffered at their feet in last year's playoffs. If he didn't have that extra motivation then he sure fooled me. Manning threw for 462 yards and 7 touchdowns! That's not a typo, he tied the NFL record for touchdown passes in a game with 7. The greatest regular season quarterback in NFL history proved why he claims that title last night.

Let this also be a wake up call for Ravens fans. I was expecting this team to struggle this year -- not quite to the tune of 49-27, but to struggle nonetheless. Losing Ray Lewis, Ed Reed and Anquan Boldin  in the offseason, and the injury to Dennis Pitta are all significant. General manager Ozzie Newsome is the best in the business when it comes to bringing in talent and he did another great job this year, however it's not going to be enough. The Ravens will win their share of games and I expect them to go 10-6 and be one of the two wild card teams. Meanwhile, Denver will be either first or second in the AFC by year's end. What a way to start the NFL season, am I right?

No comments:

Post a Comment