About Me

My photo
Simply put, I am a football fanatic. I'm well-informed on the game- its players, statistics, history, rules, etc. I love the sport and I enjoy sharing my point of view.

Friday, September 20, 2013

What to Watch For in Week 3

Here's what to watch for in Week 3...

- Trent Richardson will make his debut with the Indianapolis Colts this Sunday on the road versus the San Francisco 49ers. The acquisition of Richardson, who was the third overall pick in the 2012 draft, has gotten many in the media saying that this makes the Colts a contender. I'm not so sure about that, though. While Richardson is playing on a Colts offense that sports a far superior passing game than what he had in Cleveland, he's running behind a much less talented offensive line. Nonetheless, it's going to be exciting to see how he performs.
- Houston Texans safety Ed Reed makes his first start of the season as a Texan and it comes against his former team, the Baltimore Ravens. I'm sure Reed will be looking to pick off a pass from his former teammate Joe Flacco and take it to the house. Overall this should be a good game between two of the AFC's better teams.
- The New York Giants and Carolina Panthers are both looking for their first win of the season. I would give Carolina a good chance of winning this game, but after news broke that Giants head coach Tom Coughlin's brother died unexpectedly a few days ago, his players aren't going to lose this game on Sunday. They're going to win this one for their coach. I expect them to win in a blowout.
- Watch to see how Tom Brady and his receivers perform against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Brady and his wide receivers struggled mightily against the Jets last week and it's been a hot topic all week. The Bucs boast one of the best run defenses in the league so the passing game needs to improve from a week ago if the Pats are going to win this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment